Updated on August 5, 2021
LEVEL 108 is dedicated to protecting you and your privacy. We are committed to being transparent with you about how we handle personal information.
The Platform is designed to allow authors (teachers, facilitators, musicians, and other service providers) (“Author”), (internal employee or third party service providers) to develop/design, publish, market and offer/sell courses and learning content, coaching and other services to Students. Your access to our Platform and use of our services is also governed by our Terms of Service.
We collect personal information from the people that visit our website, mobile app, blog, social media accounts, youtube, or other media account.
Personal information refers to any information that relates to any identifiable person or user on our platform. When interacting with, ordering or registering on our platform, as appropriate, we may collect information from you including any data you provide us on our platform, including but not limited to your name, email address, mailing address, credit card information or other details so that we can provide our services to you, and retained only for your upliftment, learning and growth.
Personal Information We Collect
LEVEL 108 collects personal information about you in several different ways, depending on how you interact with our Platform. Please note that the types of personal information we collect differs depending on how you’re using our Platform, for example, as an Author or a Student.
Personal Information You Give Us (Or that We May Receive From Others).
We collect personal information you directly provide to us. We may also receive personal information about you from others; e.g. from another user or our payment processors.
Personal Information We May Collect From Any Users of Our Platform.
- Account Information. To use certain features of our Platform (such as to create a course or to enroll in a course), you’ll need to register for an account with LEVEL 108. To do so, you’ll need to provide us with certain personal information, such as your name, email address, and password.
- Other Personal Information.You may choose to provide us with other personal information. For example, we may collect your name, email address and other personal information when you make entries in your journal designed for your learning and expression, or fill out a questionnaire,survey, participate in a LEVEL 108-sponsored contest or promotion, request customer support, or otherwise communicate with us.
Use of our Platform by Minors
As stated in our Terms of Service, you must be at least 18 years old to use the Platform, or, if you are a child between the ages of 0 and 18, you must have your parent or guardian’s permission to use the Platform.
Parents or guardians who believe that our platform might have any personal information from or about a minor may request we remove such information by contacting us at email@example.com.
Personal Information Collected by Authors on our Platform
Authors can develop content that they upload, submit, or otherwise provide to our Platform (“Author Generated Content”) and may obtain and control certain personal information included in their Author Generated Content. The LEVEL 108 platform may act as a processor when it processes Author Generated Content.
The Author and LEVEL 108 may each act independently with respect to the use of Student Data.
The Authors are responsible for complying with all applicable laws and regulations related to the protection of personal information of Students.
- When you subscribe to a paid LEVEL 108 plan, we will collect certain personal information which may include your business and billing address for the purposes of billing your subscription fees and any other payment service fees. You’ll also need to provide certain payment-related information directly to our third party-payment processors, as described below.
Personal Information We May Collect from Students.
- Student Payment Information. To purchase a course, mentoring, coaching, or other service through our Platform, you’ll need to provide us with certain personal information, such as your name, address, and information about the service you are purchasing. You may also need to provide certain payment-related information directly to our third party payment processors, as described below.
- Participation in Learning Content. When you enroll in a course, coaching services, use our learning frameworks, journal with respect to your learning, or in any way use or access other learning or author content, LEVEL 108 will collect personal information relating to your participation in the Creator Content, such as courses you have enrolled in, q&a – quiz results, learning progress, gamification point and level systems, and certifications.
Personal Information that We May Collect Automatically
We automatically collect certain information from your interactions with our Platform.
- Usage Data. LEVEL 108 logs usage information when you visit and use our Platform. This information may include IP address, browser type, operating system, and other information about the use of our website, such as the pages you viewed, when you viewed them, and links that were clicked.
- Location. LEVEL 108 does not ask for or track any precise location-based information.We may receive and process information about your approximate location. For example, we may be able to determine your approximate location from your IP address and other information about you to help understand what events or services we or an affiliate can provide for you.
How We Use Personal Information
Our primary purposes for using your personal information are to provide you with the optimal user experience that is customized for you, and to provide you with support, and/or market pur products and services to you, research and development to help understand how we can better serve you, and to protect users and Authors and LEVEL 108 on our Platform.
We Do Not Sell your Personal Information We Collect
We may share certain personal information in the following ways:
- With Your Consent – LEVEL 108 may send your personal information to a third party when you give us consent to do so or at your direction. For example, this may occur when we complete a transaction at your request.
- With Service Providers – We may share personal information with vendors, payment processors, and other service providers that provide us with certain services and process personal information on our behalf. These services may include providing customer support, performing business and sales analysis, supporting our website functionality, facilitating payment processing, and supporting contests, surveys, and other features offered on our Platform.
- With Business Partners – We sometimes partner with third parties to offer you events, promotions, contests and other programs. To participate in these offers, you may be required to provide your email address and other personal information.
Retention of Your Personal Information
Information Regarding Your Data Protection Rights Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- We need to perform a contract with you, such as when you create a Policy with us
- You have given us permission to do so
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it’s not overridden by your rights
- For payment processing purposes
- To comply with the law
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or to delete the personal information we have on you
- The right of rectification
- The right to object
- The right of restriction
- The right to data portability
- The right to withdraw consent
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
“Do Not Sell My Personal Information” Notice for California consumers under California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
Under the CCPA, California consumers have the right to:
- Request that a business that collects a consumer’s personal data disclose the categories and specific pieces of personal data that a business has collected about consumers.
- Request that a business delete any personal data about the consumer that a business has collected.
- Request that a business that sells a consumer’s personal data, not sell the consumer’s personal data.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.
We employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Platform Services on our Website and mobile applications (“Service Providers”), to provide or perform related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Platform is used. These third-parties have access to your personal information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
LEVEL 108 may be required to disclose personal information if directed by a court of law or other government entity. Without limiting the foregoing, we reserve the right to disclose such information where we have a good faith basis to believe that such action is necessary to:
- comply with applicable laws, regulations, court orders, government and law enforcement agencies’ requests;
- protect and defend LEVEL 108’s or a third party’s rights and property, or the safety of LEVEL 108, our users, our employees, or others; or
Your Rights and Choices
LEVEL 108 gives you choices with respect to our use of your personal information. These choices include accessing, updating, or deleting your personal information, as well as choosing what communications you would like to receive from us. Depending on your location, you may have additional rights related to your personal information (see the ‘Jurisdiction Specific Provisions’ section below for more information about location-specific privacy rights).
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
Accessing, Updating, and Deleting Your Personal Information
You can access and update certain personal information about you by visiting your Account Settings.
If you believe that any personal information we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, we will work with you to make corrections deemed necessary. Note that we may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
If you’d like LEVEL 108 to delete your account or delete personal information it holds about you, you can submit a deletion request. Note that when we delete your account, personal information that you have shared with others (for example, through comments or an intake form) may still be visible. LEVEL 108 will also retain certain personal information about you where reasonably necessary to comply with our legal obligations or for our legitimate business purposes.
Controlling Cookies and Similar Technologies
The disclosures to third parties listed above may be for any of the following business purposes:
- To provide you with our services;
- For marketing purposes;
- To provide you with ads or information we think may be of interest to you;
- To improve our Platform and services;
- To maintain the safety and security of our services; or
- As otherwise permitted by law.
We do not sell or otherwise disclose personal information we collect about you for monetary or other valuable consideration.